- Membership starts on the date stated on the contract and is not based on arrival dates.
- A signed contract is needed to hold a room. You have 48 hours to review and sign the contract - if we don't hear from you during that time the reservation on the room will expire and the room will become available again for other applicants.
The minimum rental period is 3 months and is defined in section 11 - para. 2..
You can terminate your contract at any time with a one-month notice. This means that if you terminate your contract on the 31st of July, your lease will end on the 31st of August. This is defined in section 2 - 'Period of tenancy' and in section 11 - para. 1.
Yes, we return the whole deposit amount as long as the room is left in the same state as when you have moved in excluding normal wear and tear. You can read more about which damages you are responsible for and which are not in our Liability & Damages overview here.
The Code of Conduct is a set of guidelines that ensure a pleasant and respectful atmosphere across all LifeX apartments. You can read them here.
The above LifeX services are outside standard rental agreements in Denmark. That being said, all services are provided as stated on our website. We value member experience above everything else and breaking these promises would be a basic breach of trust for us.
Yes, internet is included in the price.
You receive an invoice for the first payment within 5 business days. The invoice must be paid within 5 days of receiving it. If the invoice is not paid in time, the key handover will be delayed and additional fees may be applied.
- First month's rent
- Prepayment of one month's rent (this will cover your last month)
- Deposit of 10.000DKK
The invoice has a member reference and invoice number on it. One of these numbers must always be quoted when paying as only then your payment can be allocated correctly to an open invoice against your account.
The initial invoice must always be settled and proof of payment sent before the due date and at least 2 days before the contract start date, otherwise you might lose the reservation on the room. Without proof of payment, we cannot guarantee a key handover.
- Bank transfers both local and international;
- Money transfers using TransferWise, Xoom (Paypal solution), Monzo, The Currency Cloud etc.
- Credit Card Payments
- Online payments
- Mobile payment
Invoices should be paid into the bank account specified on the invoice that you receive from LifeX:
Bank account details:
LifeX ApS DK
Skelbækgade 2, 6
1717 København V
Holmens Kanal 2-12
DK - 1092 Copenhagen K
Yes, you can. But please note that the total paid should match the amount stated on the invoice regardless of the currency you send money in.
Unfortunately, we do not accept partial payments. The entire amount as stated on the invoice needs to be transferred in once and before the due date.
Monthly invoices will be emailed to you as a reminder on the first day of each month and the payment should be settled by the 6th of every month, regardless of whether you have received the invoice or not.
Interest will be calculated for any unpaid and overdue invoices according to the local legislation.
If your company is paying for your stay at LifeX, or for a part of it, we have the possibility to send invoices to your contact person directly. However, you do remain personally responsible for the rental agreement and have to sign the contract in your name. The city requires you to register yourself at the address where you are living and for this, you need proof of residence in the shape of a rental contract in your name.
- If you are working for a LifeX partner company ie. if you have signed up via your company’s LifeX landing page, then this means your company is partnered with LifeX and we will already have made arrangements for how invoices should be taken care of with your hiring manager/HR. You do not need to do anything.
- If you don’t work for a LifeX partner company ie. you signed up normally through our website, but still have arrangements for your company to cover part/all of your invoices, then have your manager/HR reach out to our team on email@example.com to confirm which part the company covers for you.